Skip to content
- The Constitution provides that there shall be a Public Service Commission for each state and for Unions.
- The chairman and other members of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) are appointed by the President while that of the PSC is appointed by the Governor.
- The members of the UPSC are appointed for a term of six years or till they attain the age of 65 years and in the case of a State Commission, or a Joint Commission the age is 62 years or six years which ever is earlier.
What is the chief functions of the UPSC?
- To conduct examinations for appointment to all India and Central Services.
- To advice the President regarding claims of civil servants for cost incurred in the course of execution of duties.
- To advice the President regarding disciplinary action against a civil servant.