Secretariat Assistant Syllabus: Secretariat Assistant is one of the prominent exam for Graduates. High paid salary and status are the main features of this job. There are so many graduates are awaiting for Secretariat Assistant exam. Deep knowledge in GK and Current Affairs are the main keywords to get high marks.
Are you preparing for Secretariat Assistant?
If yes, you should having knowledge about the syllabus of Secretariat Assistant exam. There has a traditional exam syllabus available on internet. But here we are exploring a detailed syllabus for Secretariat Assistant exam from the main topics.
Secretariat Assistant Exam – Main Topics
 Quantitative Aptitude
 Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning
 General Science
 Current Affairs
 Facts about India
 Facts about Kerala
 Constitution of India
 General English
 Social Welfare Schemes & Measures
 Information Technology and Cyber Laws
75 minutes duration,100 objective type questions, the excellent career opportunity in Kerala Government that is called Secretariat Assistant job.
1. Quantitative Aptitude
In this topic contains Numbers, Divisibility Test, L.C.M, H.C.F, Simplification, Proportions, Ratio, Percentage, Time, Interest, Area, Volume, Clocks, Calendar, Age – Work related problems, etc.
2. Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning
Questions are coming from Calculation method, Coding & Decoding, Logic, Classification, Synonym, Number series, Odd Man Out, Analogy, Testing Common Sense, Words arranged by Alphabetical order, Calendar, Date Sense of Direction, etc.
3. General Science
General Science in the 3rd list, Facts of Common Science, Phenomena of Scientific method, other important facts in the Science segment, etc.
4. Current Affairs
Which means, World wide current updates, World events, National and Regional fields, Political and Scientific updates, Sports, Cinema and Literature etc.
5. Facts about India
India related questions includes Indian Geographical features, Solis, Climate, Rivers, Economic system, Social development programmes, Poverty, Planning, History of India, National movements etc.
6. Facts about Kerala
Kerala’s Geographical, Physical Facts and Features, Climate, Soils, Rivers, Famous places, Etc
6. [A] Renaissance of Kerala
One of the important topic for Secretariat Assistant syllabus which contains Important Events, Movements and Leaders. Leaders like Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi, Chattampi Swami, Sree Narayana Guru, Vagbhatananda, Thycaud Ayya, Ayya Vaikundar, Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara Guru), Ayyankali, Pandit Karuppan, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V.T.Bhattathirippad, Dr. Palpu, Kumaranasan, Vakkom Moulavi, Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara, Etc.
7. The India Constitution and It’s Civil Rights
- Constitution of India Basic Facts, Features.
- Citizenship, Fundamental Rights & Duties.
- Directive Principle, Union Government and Legislature
- State Executive, Union Territories
- Apex Courts, Comptroller and Auditor General
- Public Service Commissions and Other Important Offices
- Important Amendments.
- Right to Education, Human Rights, Human Rights Commission, Right to Information
- Commissions of Social Audit, Lokayukta, Ombudsman, Women Empowerment, Legislation against Child Labour
- Atrocities against woman and SC/ST, Etc.
Important Link: Constitution of India related study materials
8. General English
- English Grammar
- Subject and Verb agreement
- Confusing Adjectives and Adverbs
- Comparison of Adjectives
- Correct usage of Articles
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive Voice
- Correction in Sentences
- Vocabulary, Gender, Singular and Plural
- Synonyms, Antonyms, One-word Substitutes
- Problem concerning words
- Idioms and their meanings, Etc
Also check: General English Mock Test
9. Social Welfare Schemes & Measures
One of the another important topic on Secretariat Assistant.
Andyodaya Anna Yojana, Balika Samridhi Yojana, Bharat Nirman, Indira Awaas Yojana.
Integrated Child Development Scheme, Jawahar Rozgar Yojana, Kudumbasree, Mahila Samridhi Yojana, National Food for Work Programme, NRDP, NREGP, Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana, Rural Development Pradhan Mantri Adharsh Gram Yojana, Samagra Awaas Yojana, Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana, Valmiki Ambedkar Awaas Yojana, Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme etc.
10. Information Technology and Cyber Laws
Fundamentals of Computers- Internet, Cyber Laws, Etc.