Kerala PSC Lecturer in Computer Science (Collegiate Education) Category No. 191/2017, 201/2017, 202/2017, 203/2017 exam will be held on the month of July 2018. Here can get the details syllabus for Lecturer in Computer Science exam 2018. Further details regarding main syllabus of Lecturer in Computer Science exam 2018.
Lecturer Computer Science syllabus
Renaissance in Kerala
Towards a new society
Introduction to English education – various missionary organisations and their functioning- founding of educational institutions, factories, printing press etc.
Efforts to reform the society
(A) Socio-Religious reform Movements
SNDP Yogam, Nair Service Society, Yogakshema Sabha, Sadhu Jana Paripalana Sangham, Vaala Samudaya Parishkarani Sabha, Samathwa Samajam, Islam Dharma Paripalana Sangham, Prathyaksha Raksha Daiva Sabha, Sahodara Prasthanam etc.
(B) Struggles and Social Revolts
Upper cloth revolts.Channar agitation, Vaikom Sathyagraha, Guruvayoor Sathyagraha, Paliyam Sathyagraha. Kuttamkulam Sathyagraha, Temple Entry Proclamation, Temple Entry Act .Malyalee Memorial, Ezhava Memorial etc. Malabar riots, Civil Disobedience Movement, Abstention movement etc.
ROLE OF PRESS IN RENAISSANCE
Malayalee, Swadeshabhimani, Vivekodayam, Mithavadi, Swaraj, Malayala Manorama, Bhashaposhini, Mathnubhoomi, Kerala Kaumudi, Samadarsi, Kesari, AIAmeen, Prabhatham, Yukthivadi, etc
Novel, Drama, Poetry, Purogamana Sahithya Prasthanam, Nataka Prashtanam, Library movement etc
WOMEN AND SOCIAL CHANGE
Parvathi Nenmenimangalam, Arya Pallam, A V Kuttimalu Amma, Lalitha Prabhu.Akkamma Cheriyan, Anna Chandi, Lalithambika Antharjanam and others.
LEADERS OF RENAISSANCE
Thycaud Ayya Vaikundar, Sree Narayana Guru, Ayyan Kali.Chattampi Swamikal, Brahmananda Sivayogi, Vagbhadananda, Poikayil Yohannan(Kumara Guru) Dr Palpu, Palakkunnath Abraham Malpan, Mampuram Thangal, Sahodaran Ayyappan, Pandit Karuppan, Pampadi John Joseph, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V T Bhattathirippad, Vakkom Abdul Khadar Maulavi, Makthi Thangal, Blessed Elias Kuriakose Chaavra, Barrister G P Pillai, TK Madhavan, Moorkoth Kumaran, C. Krishnan, K P Kesava Menon, Dr.Ayyathan Gopalan, C V Kunjuraman, Kuroor Neelakantan Namboothiripad, Velukkutty Arayan, K P Vellon, P K Chathan Master, K Kelappan, P.Krishna Pillai, A K Gopalan, T R Krishnaswami Iyer, C Kesavan. Swami Ananda Theerthan , M C Joseph, Kuttippuzha Krishnapillai and others
Kodungallur Kunhikkuttan Thampuran, KeralaVarma Valiyakoyi Thampuran, Kandathil Varghesc Mappila. Kumaran Asan, Vallathol Narayana Menon, Ulloor S Parameswara Iyer, G Sankara Kurup, Changampuzha Krishna Pillai, Chandu Menon, Vaikom Muhammad Basheer. Kesav Dev, Thakazhi Sivasankara Pillai, Ponkunnam Varky, S K Pottakkad and others.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
General Knowledge and Current Affairs questions
Salient Features of Indian Constitution
Salient features of the Constitution. Preamble of the Constitution. Its significance and its place in the interpretation of the Constitution. Fundamental Rights – Directive Principles of State Policy – Relation between Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles – Fundamental Duties. Executive – Legislature – Judiciary – Both at Union and State Level. Other Constitutional Authorities. Central State Relations. Legislative, Administrative and Financial. Services under the Union and the States. Emergency Provisions. Amendment Provisions of the Constitution.
Social Welfare Legislation and Programmes
Social Service Legislations like Right to Information Act, Prevention of atrocities against Women & Children, Food Security Act, Environmental Acts etc. and Social Welfare Programmes like Employment Guarantee Programme, Organ and Blood Donation etc.
Research Methodology/ Teaching Aptitude
1. Research: Meaning, Characteristics and types
2. Steps of research
3. Methods of research
4. Research Ethics
5. Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium
6. Thesis writing: its characteristics and format.
1. Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements
2. Learner’s characteristics
3. Factors affecting teaching
4. Methods of teaching
5. Teaching aids
6. Evaluation systems.
Digital Systems, Microprocessors & Computer Organization
- Number System (binary, hexa, octal, complements) codes (ASCII, UNICODE, BCD, GRAY), Error detecting and correcting code-parity and Hamming codes. Boolean algebra & Laws.
- Combinational circuits – SOP & POS form, K-Map – encoders, Decoders, multiplexers, de-multiplexers-sequential circuits-flip flops, registers & counters.
- Integer representation (signed & unsigned). Half and full address, sequential multiplier, Booth algorithm– floating point representation (IEEF).
- Basic operational concepts – functional units.
- Processor-8085-Architecture-instruction set, fetch & execute, addressing mode, interrupts.
- 8086 -Architecture-registers, RAM organization segment-offset addressing, real & protected modes, addressing modes, instructions – arithmetic, data movement, control, I/O string, logical. Subroutine call & return.
- Features of Pentium processor.
- Control unit organisation – Single bus and multibus organisation, Micro instruction, Microprogrammed and hardwired control, Microinstructionprogram-sequencing, RISC &CISC (Features)
- Memory – Hierarchi, organisation of RAM, types of RAM (SRAM, DRAM, SDRAM, DDRAM). Cache-operation, cashe mapping, multilevel organization of cache (LI/LII, Primary/secondary). Virtual memory page fault, TLB, segmentation – Multiple memory modules & interleaning.
- Secondary storage – Disk-CDROM/DVD.
- I/O devices (keyboard, mouse, CRT/LCD/LED, Printers, scanners). I/O Interfacing – memory mapped & I/O Mapped I/O, Polling, interrupt driven I/O, DMA – controller. Serial communication – UART, RS 232, USB.
- High performance computing – pipelining, basic conceps in parallel processing, Grid and cluster computing.
Data Structures of Algorithms
- Data Structures – abstract data types – time and space complexity (O, Ώ, θ) – practical complexities. Recursive algorithms. Randomized algorithms.
- Arrays – representation-address calculation, sparse matrix representation, polynominal and sparse polynominal representation.
- Linkied list – single, doubly, circular lists. Header and trailer nodes, basic operations on linked lists (insertion, deletion, merging, concentration, search), linked polynomial, sparse matrix representation using linked list.
- Stock-array and linked implementation. Application- evaluation and conversion of expressions.
- Queue – array and linked implementation – circular array queue, priority queue.
- Non-linear data structures – tree-basic definition, binary tree- array and linked representation, tree traversal (recursive and nonrecursive) threaded binary tree, binary search tree, AVL trees, B-trees, Red-black trees, decision and game trees.
- Searching – binacy & sequential, sort, bubble, heap, insertion & selection. Representation of graphs – BFS & DFS algorithm Minimum cost – ____ free. Divide & conquer – general method, quick sort, merge sort.
- Greedy method – general method, knapscale problem, tree vertex splitting. Dynamic programming: General method, multistage graph, all pairs shortest path.
- Back tracking: General method, sub of subsets, 8-queries problem. Basic concepts of NP hard and NP – problem.
- System software – definition, components, operating system, language translator, loaders, linkers, interpreters, compilers, overview of compilation process, scanning, pausing, code optimization, software tools, library routines, text editors, program generators, debugging tools.
- OS as a resource manager, structrue of OS shell, Kernel, utilities, resource management routines, evolution of OS, multi-programming, time sharing, real time systems, parallel systems, distributed systems, OS functions process disruption and control, process control, process state, operation on process, concurrent process, threads, processes and threads, micro kernels, schedulers, scheduling algorithms, independent and concurrent processes, critical section, mutual exclusion, Peterson solution, semaphore, classical synchronization concept of inter-process communications. Deadlock, starvation, conditions for deadlock, resource allocation problem, deadlock handling, prevention and avoidance, Bankers algorithm deadlock detection and recovery.
- Concept of memory, address binding, logical address, physical address, swapping, contiguous allocation fixed partition variable partition fragmentation. Noncontinuous allocation, paging segmentation, virtual memory-demander paging. replacement algorithms, thrashing protection and security mechanisms, accidental data loss, protection mechanisms, user authentication, attack from inside, viruses, antiviruses.
- I/O managements, I/O hardware, application I/O interface kernel I/O subsystem DISK I/O, disk scheduling, swap space management RAID, disk cache.
- File management-concept, access methods, directory structure, file sharing, file system structure implementation, directory implementation allocation methods, free space management.
Database Management Systems
1. Database concepts, relational database-relational algebra, relational calculus (TRC & DRC) SQL – basic structure set operation, DDL, DML, embedded SQL, QBE.
2. Database Design: ER Model, constraints & Keys, ER diagram. UML Relational database design – normal forms 1st to 5th , BCNF). Integrity and security domain constraints, referential integrity, assertions, triggers.
3. File structures- indexing & hashing. Query optimization. Transaction management concurrency control, recovery systems and dead lock.
4. Parallel & distributed databases, objected-oriented and object relational DBMS (basic ideas only).
5. Network fundamentals-LAN, MAN, WAN, Wireless networks. Data communication- channel capacity, features of transmission media (twisted pair, coaxial cables, fiber optic cables, wireless). Multiplexing, switching nano-band and broadband ISDN, ATM.
6. Computer networks-Topology, Transmission models, categories of networks, transmission media (Twisted pair, coaxial cable, optical, satellite, cellular telephony, terrestrial microwave). OSI and TCP/IP modes. Physical layer – Digital data transmission, parallel and serial transmission, DTE-DCE, Modems-multiplexing FDM, TDM, WDM. Switching-packet, circuit, message/ Data Link layer-Single bit & burst error, error detectiion, URC, LRC, CRC. Data
compression – Hoffman code. Flow control and Error control, ethernet, CSMA/CD, TOKEN BUS.
7. Network layer – Reapeating, bridges, routers gateways. Logical addressing internet protocols, address mapping (IP Address), error IPU 4 & IPU 6 reporting and multicasting, delivery, forwarding and routing algorithm – distance vector Link state, dijlestra algorithm.
8. Transport layer: UDP, TCP & SCTP, congestion cotnrol and quality of service. Application layer- DNS, remote logging, file transfer, WWW & HTTP.
1. Introduction to software Engineering, software engineering paradigms, process models, product and process, software, characteristics of software, software development life cycles, generic view of process, waterfall model, prototyping, spiral model, time-boxing, RAD, interactive model.
2. Comparison of different life cycle models, software project management project estimation techniques, software requirements analysis and specification, characteristics of SRS, components of SRS,metrics, quality metrics planning of project, effort estimation, risk management techniques, project scheduling, PERT, GANTT charts.
3. Problem partitioning, abstraction, molecularity, coupling, cohesion, top down, bottom up strategies structured design/structured analysis (SA/SD), DID components, ER diagrams, decisions trees, decision tables, structured English, transform analysis.
4. Object oriented analysis and design, objects attributes and methods, encapsulation, information hiding, messages, inheritance, polymorphism, UML, UML diagram, use case, class diagrams, sequence diagram, collaboration diagrams, state chart diagrams, activity diagrams, component diagrams, deployment diagrams, common coding errors, code inspection, code standards, source code control, code verification static analysis.
5. Testing, test plan, test cases, testing techniques and strategies – white box testing, basic path testing, condition testing, control and dataflow testing course effect graphing, cyclimatic complexity, black box testing, equivalance class partitioning, boudnary value analysis, unit testing, integrating testing, verification and validation, system testing – load testing, performance, runtime, stress testing, recovery testing, acceptance testing.
6. Software configuration management, software quality assurance, quality management, TQM, agile programming, extreme programming, formal methods, CASE tools, sin sigma tools, CMMI, CMM levels.
1. C programming – Basic concepts, arrays, functions, pointers, structures, files.
2. Object oriented programming – concepts, comparison with structural programming, classes and objects, data abstraction, encapsulation inheritance, polymorphism, dynamic binding, message passing, advantages – re-usability, maintenance, security.
3. Access modifiers, static members, friend function constructors and destructors, polymorphism, operator overloading, inheritance, virtual base classes.
Recent developments in Computer Science
Lecturer Computer Science syllabus PDF may download from Kerala PSC website here – Download Here >>
Leave a Reply