Cancer Care for Life scheme is a scheme sponsored by the Regional Cancer Centre , Trivandrum to provide advanced cancer treatment free of cost to all those who join the scheme up to a prescribed limit. It is a one time payment scheme and two plans are available under this schemes.
In the event of getting cancer, the center is committed to provide standard diagnostic and treatment facilities in the Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum upto the maximum limit prescribed. This includes cost of medicine, expenses for stay at the rates prescribed, charges for diagnostic investigations, Radiation, Surgery, other procedures etc. and charges for General Ward levied by the center as for paying category patients at the time of taking treatment.
- The member ship fee details for treatment up to a maximum of Rs. 50,000 /- is as below Rs. 500/- per person
- Rs. 1400/- per family of three persons (includes spouse and dependent children only)
- Rs. 1700/- per family of four persons (includes spouse and dependent children only)
- Rs. 2000/- per family of five persons (includes spouse and dependent children only)
For Individual membership fee of Rs. 1000, Rs. 1500 & Rs. 2000 treatment fee upto Rs. 1 lakh, Rs.1.5 lakhs & Rs 2 lakhs respectively is free.
The member ship fee per person is Rs. 10,000/- for treatment up to a maximum of Rs. 5 lakhs under this plan and if necessary, will be referred to other centers in India also.
The scheme is open to all Indian citizens who are not already cancer patients. The scheme benefits accrue two years after enrollment.
Procedure to Enroll
Application forms can be received from the R.C.C or the designated bank in Kerala. By just paying the membership fee at any branch of the designated bank in Kerala, along with the prescribed application, any one can be enrolled. The membership fee will be once in-a-life payment with no annual premium . To facilitate quick and easy enrollment, applicants will not be subjected to any medical check up. A membership card with a number will subsequently be issued to each member for identification by the center.
Membership is non-refundable, non-transferable and valid for life.
The payment can be made through any of the following modes
- 1. Paid directly at the RCC counter on all working days till 3.30 PM
- 2. Through DD/ Cheque in the name of Cancer Care for Life Account, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum
- 3. By post addressed to The Director- Regional Cancer Centre, Medical College P.O., Trivandrum-695011
- The application form is also attached here: Download